Ebonie Rio - Persisting Pain in Athletes
Physiotherapist (PhD) & Researcher La Trobe University.
Ebonie is a post doc researcher at La Trobe University and has completed her PhD in tendon pain, Masters Sports Phys, B. Phys (Hons) and B. App Sci. Her clinical career has included Australian Institute of Sport, Australian Ballet Company, Australian Ballet School, Melbourne Heart Football Club, Alphington Sports Medicine Centre, Victorian Institute of Sport, 2006 Commonwealth Games, 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics, 2010 Singapore Youth Olympics, 2012 London Paralympics, 18 months travelling with Disney's The Lion King stage show.
In this Sports MAP Masterclass Ebonie talks us through her experience with persisting pain in athletes and brings together some of the research in pain science and applying it in our clinical practices:
- Understanding pain
- Are we truly biopsychosocial
- Assessment and diagnostic testing
- Meeting your patient at their story
- Impact of language in a clinical setting
- Clinical approach to pain assessment
- Practical assessments
- Differential diagnosis of posterior ankle
- Pain provocation testing
- Clinical tools for management of a pain dominant presentation
- Pink flags