#8 Athlete Monitoring & Injury Prevention with Martin Wollin
Recent Podcast Episodes
#29 Calf strains & injury management in female football with Jaclyn Benz
#28 Soft tissue injuries with aponeurosis involvement with Scott Hulm
#27 PCL injury diagnosis & management in athletes with Tim McGrath
In this 8th Episode of the Sports MAP podcast we chat about athlete monitoring and prevention strategies for hamstring and groin injuries in sport with Martin Wollin PhD. In this episode we cover:
- Injury prevention systems- What is primary, secondary & tertiary prevention?
- Adductor strength and ADD:ABD ratio's - relevant to injuries?
- Adductor strength monitoring- key components
- Hamstring power testing as a monitoring tool to mitigate injury risk
- How to manage to an athlete with reduced hamstring strength
- Is hamstring power asymmetry important for injury risk?
- Is monitoring athletes in a team sport setting really worth it?
- Martin's key career influences
- And more
We hope you enjoy this episode of the Sports MAP Podcast. If you do, please let us know by leaving a review and sharing via Twitter & Facebook.
Show Notes/ References
- Athlete monitoring: a complementary prevention strategy for groin and hamstring injuries in elite football (PhD Academy Award)
- Effects of match congestion on hamstring strength & lower limb flexibility
- Monitoring the effect of football match congestion on hamstring strength and lower limb flexibility: Potential for secondary injury prevention?
- The effects of football match congestion in an international tournament on hip adductor squeeze strength and pain in elite youth players
- In-season monitoring of hip and groin strength, health and function in elite youth soccer: Implementing an early detection and management strategy over two consecutive seasons
- Reliability of externally fixed dynamometry hamstring strength testing in elite youth football players