#26 Injury management within the Belgium Olympic teams with Maarten Thysen
Recent Podcast Episodes
#29 Calf strains & injury management in female football with Jaclyn Benz
#28 Soft tissue injuries with aponeurosis involvement with Scott Hulm
#27 PCL injury diagnosis & management in athletes with Tim McGrath
In this 26th episode of the Sports MAP Podcast we chat with Belgian Olympic senior sports physiotherapist, Maarten Thysen. As a Senior Sports Physiotherapist at UZ-KULeuven he has developed extensive expertise in the field of prevention and rehabilitation of sports injuries.
Since 2003 Maarten has guided both national and international athletes and worked with various sport federations and international teams including the Belgian Olympic Team at the Beijing 2008, London 2012 and upcoming Olympics.
In this episode we cover a range of topics including:
- Maarten's experience and main interests in the industry
- Philosophies around exercise prescription and tying it into rehabilitation
- Stability, mobility, flexibility and balance benchmarking targets for skaters
- Exercise prescription within the Olympic team
- Hamstring rehabilitation processes and testing
- What can sometimes be missed with high-end athletes?
- Key capacity exercises and metrics before return to run
- Maarten's key influences and progression
We hope you enjoy this episode of the Sports MAP Podcast. If you do, please let us know by leaving a review and sharing via Twitter & Facebook