Mastering Muscle Injury Management
This Event Has Passed
**SOLD OUT** To join the waitlist please email [email protected]
This highly practical one and half day course will provide attendees the deeper understanding and knowledge required to manage the more troublesome soft tissue injury presentations.
Delivered in tandem by the world renowned Craig Purdam with the new age Sports Physio Michael Giakoumis. This blend provides the wisdom and experience from Craig with Michael’s expertise in the rehabilitation practices formed from his time working with British athletes with the likes of James Moore and Stephen Mcleer. Michael also brings a wealth of knowledge of the elite sport environment having consulted widely across the NBA and EPL.
The workshops are designed to ensure participants can transfer their new found knowledge into their clinical knowledge.
Appropriate for seasoned clinicians, the workshops place a particular emphasis on hamstring, calf, and quadricep muscle injuries and is a valuable opportunity for experienced practitioners to refine their approach and stay at the forefront of cutting-edge sports physiotherapy practices.
Held at the new state of the art the head quarters of the Sydney Swans Football Club
Please note there will be NO Virtual Access as this is a highly practical masterclass.
- Understand the relationship between the anatomys' structure and applied function and how this influences injury and rehabilitation.
- Understand how the mechanisms, the location, the size and the type of injuries sustained impact on the rehabilitation processes and time lines.
- Utilise the biomechanical literature in building a framework for lower limb muscle injuries that provide stages and key markers
- Explore the best way to manage immediate injuries coupled with how to manage more complex/recurring injuries.
Day 1 - Friday 2nd Feb
Day 2 - Saturday 3rd Feb
Terms & Conditions
- The Sports Map Network reserves the right to cancel a course with sufficient notice. In the case a course is cancelled you will be refunded the full amount of the ticket.
- No refund will be offered for a change in venue
- Should restrictions around COVID- 19 impact this course- the course will be postponed with the option for a full refund available (refund does not include online transaction fees).
- If you cancel your place on the course, a refund of the course fee (minus $50 Administration fee) will be made if written confirmation is received four weeks prior to the course date. No refund provided with in 1 week of course date
- All course participants should hold current Personal and Professional Liability Insurance, as this course includes practical components.
- Prices include GST and catering
Frequently Asked Questions
Live Event / Virtual Access
What is The Sports MAP Network?
What’s included in my FREE 7 day trial membership?
What do I get for my paid yearly subscription?
Is the virtual access live or can I watch on demand after the event?
How long can I view the Virtual Access for?
Can I get a refund if I can no longer attend the course?
Do I get a certificate?
Do I get any slides/ handouts?
How long do I get access to Masterclass videos for?
How can I watch the Masterclasses?
Can I download the videos?
How long is each Masterclass?
How many Masterclasses do I gain access to?
I cannot log in to my account. What do I do?
How can I change my password?
How can I cancel my subscription?
How am I billed?
Can I cancel at any time?
Will I be charged taxes?
Can I suspend my subscription?
Where can I find my recent purchases?
How can I update my payment details?
Do subscriptions auto renew?
How do I cancel my subscription?
Can I use the course/ class as my CPD points?
Professor Craig Purdam
- Undergraduate (1975)
- Postgraduate diploma in Sports (1992)
- Master in Sports (2000)
- Specialist Sports Physiotherapy following his Fellowship of the Australian College of Physiotherapists (2009)
- Honorary Doctor of Science from La Trobe University (2018)
Michael is renowned for his work with the British Athletes over many years including key involvement in some game changing research on soft tissue injury rehabilitation.
Michael is a London based sports physiotherapist and tutor on lower limb muscle injuries
He specialises in the treatment and rehabilitation of hip and groin, and lower limb muscle injuries with field experience in mens and womens football, AFL, NBA and international track and field. Michael has presented on courses internationally on lower limb muscle injuries. Michael was also the co host of the Sports MAP international muscle injury conference attracting over 3000+ attendees.