Jurdan Mendiguchia - Hamstring Rehabilitation
Jurdan Mendiguchia is the Director of ZENTRUM Rehab & Performance Center, as well as a sports physical therapist working in a high elite environment (soccer, basketball, track and field, football, etc.). He consults on rehab and injury prevention for soccer (Europe), and NBA, NFL, and track and field athletes and teams.
In this Sports MAP Masterclass viewers are provided insight into the overall framework, programming and structure of Jurdan’s approach to hamstring injury rehabilitation. The Masterclass includes many fantastic practical exercises to implement into your daily practice and provides the viewer a deeper understanding behind the ‘why’ of Jurdan’s exercise prescription & implementation.
Some of the many topics covered include;
- A multifactorial approach to hamstring rehabilitation
- The Regeneration Phase
- The Functional Phase
- Risk factors for Injury: Flexibility
- Addressing Flexibility
- Dynamic Mobility
- Hip & Knee dominant hamstring exercises
- Risk factors for Injury: Fascicle length & eccentric training
- Training for Hip extension: Gluteus Maximus
- Addressing Lumbopelvic Control
- Trunk stability Training
- Early Management- Mobilisation Vs Immobilisation
- Hamstring Plyometric drills
- Acceleration Vs High Speed running mechanics
- High Speed based exercises
- Common Acceleration technique mistakes
- Functional phase drills
- Performance run drills
Hamstring Injury Rehabilitation
Jurdan is a prolific international researcher with over 43 publications primarily on hamstring injury prevention and rehabilitation. Prior to academia, he was head of the physiotherapy and rehabilitation department of Athletic Club de Bilbao in Spain.
Jurdan has also worked as an injury consultant for Barcelona FC, Benfica and Osasuna. In addition, Jurdan is the current director of Zentrum Sport – a world class amateur and elite athletic facility in Spain.
- Athletic Club de Bilbao
- Barcelona FC Benfica Osasuna
- Zentrum Sport