Matt is a physiotherapy and sport scientist from Wollongong, NSW. He has been a partner at Figtree Physiotherapy since 2005 and has been involved in sports physiotherapy in many sports - including football, rugby league, triathlon and dance medicine.
Matt completed his PhD in injury prevention in football (2020) in addition to having a Honours degree in Exercise Science (2001) & Rehabilitation and Masters in Physiotherapy (2003). Most recently, Matt has taken on a role at Football Federation Australia (FFA) to design and implement the new national Player Availability Model and the FFA Perform+ program.
Matt's current roles:
1. FFA Player Availability & Perform+ Coordinator
2. Physiotherapist for Football Federation of Australia (FFA) National Teams Unit
3. Medical & Performance Coordinator - Wollongong Wolves FC
4. Head of Player Welfare - Football South Coast (Association)
5. Researcher at the University of Wollongong consulting with the School of Medicine
6. Physiotherapy and Performance Health consultant to Project M Triathlon training.