The Football Sports Injury Conference
The Football Sports Injury Conference - Melbourne 2022
This conference will be the biggest and best Sport Injury & Rehabilitation event Australia has seen for many years. Held at the world class facility of the Essendon Football Club, this conference will cover the most prominent injuries from the football codes of Rugby, Soccer & Australian Football. The line up boosts Australia’s leading clinicians and researchers delivering content that is pitched towards experienced clinicians working with athletes.
A number of prizes will awarded across the weekend with live music on the Saturday evening to unwind and enjoy each others company.
WHEN: 12th-13th March 2022
WHERE: Essendon Football Club (The Hanger)
INVESTMENT: $695 (Inc GST, catering & live entertainment. Booklet not provided
Attendees will receive access to all the content filmed after the event.
March 12th-13th 2022
Sun: 8.30am- 5.00pm
The Hanger- Essendon Football Club 275 Melrose Dr Melbourne Airport)
$695.00 (places limited with capacity)
(Early Bird rate closes 30th January)
Virtual Access is Available
Virtual access will provide registrants full access to the course content filmed by a team of professional videographers.
- Access to the content will be available from three weeks after the live event
- You will have access to the content for 6 months.
- Includes a certificate for CPD record keeping.
Virtual Access Investment: $425.00 (Aus)
- Tim McGrathSports & Exercise Physiotherapist (PhD)
- Tania PizzariPhysiotherapist & Researcher (La Trobe University)
- Lachlan PenfoldDirector of Performance- Melbourne Storm
- Dr David SpurrierDoctorate of Physiotherapy
- Greg HoyShoulder Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Brooke PatteronPhysiotherapist (PhD) & Research Fellow La Trobe University
- Ebonie RioPhysiotherapist (PhD) & Researcher La Trobe University
- Jullian FellerKnee Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Sue MayesPrincipal physiotherapist & medical team manager at The Australian Ballet
- Jill CookProfessor, Sports Physiotherapist, Expert Tendon Researcher & Clinician
- Enda King PhdSports Physiotherapist
- Stuart ImerFoot & Ankle Physiotherapist
- Professor Craig PurdamEx Head Physical Therapy - AIS
- Andrew WallisSports and Manipulative physiotherapist
- Martin WollinSenior Sports Physiotherapist - AIS
|8:45||Lachlan Penfold||Rehabilitation Systems & Culture|
|9:30||Martin Wollin||Prevention Systems in team sports|
|10:15||Craig Purdam||Second opinion cases- What do I see?|
|11:20||Julian Feller||PCL Surgical Considerations|
|12:00||Tim McGrath||Non Surgical PCL Rehabilitation-|
|12:45||Brooke Patterson||My vision for ACL risk mitigation in female footballers|
|2:15||David Spurrier||Bone Stress- A return to running case study|
|3:00||Stuart Imer||Syndesmosis Return to Play...How fast is too fast?|
|4:30||Martin Heppell||The Resilience Project|
|5:15||Drinks & Networking|
|5:30||Keynote||Award: The Bruce Reid Study Grant 2022|
|5:45||Live Music||Music, Canapis & Drinks|
|9:00||Ebonie Rio||Persistent Pain in Athletes|
|9:45||Jill Cook||Second opinion Tendons- what do I see?|
|10:30||Award #2||Female Clinician in Sport Award 2021|
|11.00||Tania Pizzari||Soft Tissue Injuries- Whats working? What isn't?|
|11:45||Andrew Wallis||The Troublesome Distal Hamstring: Biceps Femoris T Junction Injuries|
|1:30||Sue Mayes||Can we translate our knowledge of hip pain in dancers to field sport athletes?|
|2:15||Enda King||Chronic Groin Pain|
|3:15||Greg Hoy||The 'other' shoulder surgeries (AC joint, SCJ & posterior dislocation)- when & why?|
|4:45||Final sign off|
Terms & Conditions
* In the event the conference is unable to run due to COVID -19 (or any other unforeseen circumstances), the event will be postponed and participants will have the options to attend the new date or opt for a refund minus online transaction fees.
* Virtual access registrants will gain access to the content from 3 weeks following the live event.
*The Sports Map Network reserves the right to cancel a course with sufficient notice.
In the case a course is cancelled you will be refunded the registration cost in full minus the online credit card processing fees.
* If you cancel your place on the course, a refund of the course fee (minus $100 Administration fee) will be made if written confirmation is received four weeks prior to the course date. No refund provided with in 1 week of course date
* All course participants should hold current Personal and Professional Liability Insurance, as this course includes practical components.
* Sports MAP reserves the right to change the venue location in which case no refunds or financial reimbursement to be granted.
* Sports MAP reserves the right to change presenters due to unforeseen circumstances with no refunds or financial reimbursement to be granted.
* There are no refunds for cancellation of the virtual access
* Prices include GST and catering