ACL Rehab & Return to Play with Tim McGrath (virtual access)
This virtual access will be available on 12/11/2023.
Sports & Exercise Physiotherapist (PhD)
Tim has extensive sports physiotherapy experience. He holds a PhD from the Research Institute of Sports & Exercise (UCRISE) at the University of Canberra on the topic of ACL rehabilitation of the knee. In addition to his undergraduate Physiotherapy degree and PhD, Tim has completed a post-graduate Master’s Degree in Musculoskeletal and Sports Physiotherapy from Griffith University and Graduate Certificate in Data Science from UNE. Tim currently works in professional sport as well as directing a multidisciplinary rehab facility in Australia. He currently provides clinical consultancy to a number of sporting teams and organizations within Australia and the United States. He has lectured extensively both in Australia and overseas, and has authored publications in peer-reviewed journals. Tim also developed PITCH READY, an objective testing system to identify known risk factors for knee injuries in athlete rehabilitation. Professional Appointments
- Clinical Consultant – Most-recently to teams in the NBA, AFL/AFL-W, NRL, Super Rugby, MLR, A-League, NBL/WNBL competitions in Australia and the United States.
- St. George-Illawarra Dragons NRL Team (2017-2019)
- Port Adelaide FC AFL (2015-2017)
- Australian Men’s Rugby Sevens (2013-2014).
- ACT Brumbies Super Rugby Team (2006-2011)
- Sale Sharks Rugby Football Club (UK (2006)
- Canberra Raiders NRL Team (2004-2006).