Prevention Vs. Performance: Managing Injuries in Sport
October 14th 2017
8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Sydney- Pullman at Olympic Park
Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127
Early Bird $405 (Ends 30th Aug).
Includes GST & catering
Why you should the Sydney Prevention Vs. Performance Symposium
|Prevention vs. Performance – Sydney|
|8:00 – 8:15||Nick Kane||Welcome|
|8:15 – 8:45||Tim Gabbett||Best Practice Approach to Training Monitoring
The training-injury Prevention Paradox I
|08:50 – 9:30||Peter Blanch||Peter Blanch: The death of the mechanical model
What is load and how to do measure it?.
|9:35 – 10:05||Tim Gabbett||Cost-benefit analysis in sport.
What are we actually training for?
|10:10 – 10:25||Morning Tea|
|10:25 – 10:35||Recap / Discussion|
|10:35 – 10:55||Peter Blanch||The cost of injury on high performance.
Pre- season & injury tolerance.
|11:00 – 11:30||Tim Gabbett||The training – injury prevention Paradox II.
Acute chronic workload ratio on injury risk.
|11:30 – 12:00||Peter Blanch||High-speed running & injury relationship.
Acute chronic workload ratio in Return to sport.
|12:00 – 12:45||Lunch|
|12:45 – 13:00||Recap / Discussion|
|13:00 – 13:30||TBC||GPS for training/rehabbing an athlete to match demands|
|13:40 – 14:10||Tim Gabbett||Building Robust Athletes.
The Athlete Monitoring Cycle.
|14:15 – 14:45||Lachlan Wilmot||Return to Play Vs. Return to Perform|
|14:45 – 15:00||Afternoon Tea|
|15:00 – 15:10||Recap / Discussion|
|15:10 – 15:40||Lachlan Wilmot||Performance is Prevention|
|15:50 – 16:30||ALL – Workshop||Workshop – ACWR in Rehabilitation & Return from Injury|
|16:40 – 17:10||Tim Gabbett||Case studies – the good, the bad, the ugly.
High performance communication
|17:20 – 17:45||Discussion / Q&A|
|17:45 – 18:00||Nick Kane||Close, Networking|
Course outcomes and learning objectives include:
- Proficient with athlete load management and monitoring tools in sport
- Learn how to best to apply load for to minimize injury and maximize performance
- Up skill in your ability to monitor and track your athletes
- Improve your load management principles to rehabilitation and return to play
- Learn key performance parameters in return to performance sport.
- Excellent networking opportunity
This conference is suitable to Physiotherapists, coaches, S & C and Sports Science professionals
Terms & Conditions
- The Sports Map Network reserves the right to cancel a course with sufficient notice. In the case a course is cancelled you will be refunded only the registration cost in full. This does not include online processing fees.
- If you cancel your place on the course, a refund of the course fee (minus $150 Administration fee) will be made if written confirmation is received four weeks prior to the course date. No refund provided with in 1 week of course date
- Prices include GST and catering