Date: 10th-11th February 2018
Venue: Essendon Football Club High Performance Center- 275 Melrose Drive Melbourne Airport Vic 3045
Full event (2 days): $649- Day 2 Sold out (please email email@example.com to place your name on the cancellation list)
Day 1 only: $390
Early Bird rate NOW EXTENDED until Feb 1st- Limited places remain for Day 1
This course is designed for Physiotherapists, Strength & Conditioning Coaches, Rehabilitation Professionals and Performance Coaches who work with injured athletes.
The course will take participants on a journey of current best practice in designing, implementing and coaching rehabilitation plans. The course will have a direct focus on soft tissue injury (hamstring & calf) rehabilitation however all learning’s are directly transferable for all forms of injuries and rehabilitation.
Day 1: Symposium/ conference event
Day 2: Workshops
|8.10||Arrive Day 1- Conference|
|8.30||Andrew Wallis||Central tendon hamstring injuries & rehabilitation|
|9.30||T. Entwisle||Imaging- Soft tissue Injuries|
|10.45||Justin Crow||High Performance Expectations in Rehabilitation
The application of running mechanics to reconditioning
|11.30||Dave Opar||Hamstring Injuries & Prevention|
|12.30||Jack Hickey||Hamstring Strain Rehabilitation|
|2.00||Dr Brian Devitt||Surgery for hamstring strains- When, why and how. Rehabilitation expectations post surgery|
|3.00||Brady Green||Calf Strain Injuries & Rehabilitation|
|4.15||Jarrod Wade||Rehabilitation for Match demands and Performance|
|9.15||Arrive Day 2|
|9.30||Workshop 1- Hamstring Rehabilitation|
|1||Physiotherapy- Early loading & monitoring|
|2||Hamstring monitoring & mid stage strength rehabilitation|
|3||Late stage Rehabilitation & return to play markers|
|11.00||Workshop 2 – Calf Strain Rehabilitation|
|1||Strength development for calf strain injuries|
|2||Functional Strength & force development|
|3||Reactive strength and stretch shorten cycle for calf strain injuries|
|1.00||Workshop 3- Field based progressions|
|1||Horizontal & vertical force development progressions|
|2||Field based agility progressions|
|3||Movement based reconditioning for rehabilitation|
|2.45||Tute 1- Putting it all together|
|a||Integration and performance programs|
|b||Planning workloads, speeds & conditioning sessions|
|4.00||Q&A and Close|
- How to train running mechanics to drive performance in rehabilitation
- Plan rehabilitation periodized for athletic robustness & performance
- How to apply load management principles through out rehabilitation
- Plan field based rehabilitation sessions to more closely represent match or sport demands
- Apply current best evidence & clinical expertise to your hamstring & calf rehabilitation programs
- Improve decision making around when to introduce speeds, high intensity training & return to sport
- How imaging influences decision making for soft tissue injuries
- Improved hamstring prevention & robustness program
- Improved knowledge of surgery indications for high grade hamstring injuries
- How best monitoring loads & your athlete response to loads
Have those questions answered you always ask yourself
- When to progress my athletes to speeds?
- What are the most effective exercise progressions?
- When do we start running?
- How does imaging inform my decision making process?
- And many more
Please note you do not need a pay pal account to process payment. Simply click on the pay by credit card link.
Terms & Conditions
- The Sports Map Network reserves the right to cancel a course with sufficient notice. In the case a course is cancelled you will be refunded only the registration cost in full. This does not include online processing fees.
- If you cancel your place on the course, a refund of the course fee (minus $150 Administration fee) will be made if written confirmation is received four weeks prior to the course date. No refund provided with in 1 week of course date
- Presenters are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. In the event of a change of presenter, this does not qualify for a refund or a refundable cancellation.
- Prices include GST and catering